Understanding and Preventing Failures in Industrial Power and Steam Generating Equipment 2019
August 13 - August 14
AUGUST 13-14, 2019 – Leander, Texas
Now in it’s eighth year, the M&M Engineering workshop previously known as “Preventing Failures in Steam Generating Equipment” is geared towards producers of steam, be it used in power or process applications.
Our two-day workshop focuses on the issues most common in steam generating systems and is applicable to many industries including: power generation, refining, petro-chemical, pulp and paper, and industrial insurers.
The workshop covers a wide variety of topics and equipment as we take you through the entire steam cycle. Our expert scientific and engineering team offer a mass of information and open discussions that will touch on many of the issues our clients face in everyday maintenance of key power and steam generating equipment.
- Equipment Associated with Steam Generation – A Primer
- Utility Feedwater Heaters and Damage Mechanisms
- Steam Touched Boiler Tube Failure Mechanisms
- Water Touched Boiler Tube Failure Mechanisms
- Introduction to Failure Analysis
- Introduction to Nondestructive Testing & Inspection Contracting
- Damage Mechanisms in Deaerators
- High Energy Piping: Damage Mechanisms and Corrections
- Failure Investigation Principles for Combustion Turbines
- Basic Steam Turbine Failures
- Condenser and Cooling Water Failures
- Water and Steam Chemistry-Influenced Failures in the Steam Cycle
- Discussion and Wrap Up
SEATING IS LIMITED – REGISTER TODAY!
Registration deadline is August 5th, 2019.*
Registration Fee: $800.00 (includes continental breakfast and buffet lunch).
Once you have registered AND the minimum number of attendees has been met**, you will receive an email with additional details including travel maps, hotel room blocks, lunch selections, etc.
A discounted rate with a preferred local hotel has been established for all of our guests who would like to take advantage. Details will follow upon receipt of your registration form.
Our workshop offers 12 Professional Development Hours. Certificates will be awarded to all attendees present.
* a cancellation fee of $250.00 will be assessed for all reservations cancelled after the 2019 event deadline of August 5th, 2019.
** subject to a minimum number of attendees. Once registered, attendees should confirm workshop before making travel arrangements.