Provides failure analysis laboratory processes for a variety of mechanical and materials components as follows.
- Preparation and documentation of metallurgical samples
- Perform various metallurgical, mechanical, and chemical laboratory tests
- Documentation of laboratory test results through recording of readings, photography, hand sketches, and spreadsheets
- Safe operation of various cutting and grinding tools
- Efficient use and planning of laboratory equipment resources
- Responsible for laboratory preparation processes relating to failure analysis of a variety of mechanical or materials including metallographic preparation and documentation, interpretations, and testing. May include testing such as hardness and microhardness, optical emissions spectrometry, electrical testing, pressure testing. Includes in-house and field operation work with multiple sample types.
- May also include operations and maintenance of the laboratory equipment including cutting/sectioning saws and cut off wheels, grit blasting, and power tools.
- Perform other related duties as required such as inventory of laboratory supplies and shipping and receiving of laboratory samples.
Skills and Experience
- Post high school education with courses relating to failure analysis, metallography, mechanical testing and analysis procedures and equipment
- Two years of experience in a metallographic laboratory environment
- Familiarity with metallographic laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of industrial safety practices and procedures
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- Visual acuity
- Knowledge of material and testing specifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer proficiency
This position offers a compensation package including a competitive wage, company medical/dental/vision/life insurance benefits, a company contribution to the 401K plan, and paid PTO & holidays.
Interested candidates should submit their resume for consideration. Applicants must be a US resident.
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.