Jonathan McFarlen, Consulting Engineer with M&M Engineering, will be visiting our fellows at Acuren Inspection, Inc. in BOOTH 304, 306, and 308. Don’t miss the rope access demonstration and learn more about how Acuren can help save your company valuable time and money.
Also, David Daniels, Senior Principal Scientist with M&M Engineering, has the honor of being the conference emcee for this year’s event, as well as presenting at Workshop 1: Back to Basics in Combined-cycle O & M – Steam Chemistry Basics.
This 3-day event will continue to focus on combined-cycle O & M. Earn CEU credits. ALL registrations include meals. First-time attendees will be handed a free copy of the HRSG Users Handbook when they arrive onsite.
Visit HRSG User’s Group Conference & Expo to learn more, and to register for this event.
Optional Monday Workshop 1, 8-5 pm:
Back to Basics in Combined-cycle O & M back by popular demand to introduce folks to all the fundamentals throughout the entire plant—from the gas turbine inlet to the exhaust stack. HRSG inspection is our specialty! Including:
- The Why’s and Wherefore’s of HRSG Materials. The metallurgy in our plants keeps changing! Keep up with the latest, from a leading member of the Code committees.
- Basics of HRSG Design. Whether you’re operating an existing HRSG, or specifying a new one, you’ll benefit from this recap. Tubes, Evaporators, Economizers, and more.
- Fundamentals of Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
- Steam Chemistry Basics. Get updated on all-volatile treatment, oxidizing environments, and FAC prevention. (David Daniels-M&M Engineering)
- HP Valves and Attemperators
Or, Optional Monday Workshop 2:
The Future of HRSG O & M, Design, Commissioning and New Projects
The future includes even faster startup and shutdown rates. Come talk about the future with our crowd of power producers, consulting engineers, EPC firms, equipment suppliers, and new project developers. Including:
- State of the Industry and Challenges Ahead
- The Epidemic in Combined-Cycle Construction Delays
- Design Features for Fast-cycling Ops
- Finding Qualified Craft Labor in our Workforce
Main Conference, Tue 8-5 pm, Wed 8-4 pm, User discussions, case studies, and includes:
- CFD Study of HRSG Flow Learn how to boost the reliability of your HRSG using computational fluid dynamics.
- Superheater Problems & Fixes Reducing plant downtime due to superheater issues.
- SCR Catalyst- Regeneration or Replacement
- HRSG User’s Experience with Film-Forming Amines
- HRSG Tube-sampling, Testing, and Evaluating Results