- This event has passed.
Understanding and Preventing Failures in Industrial Power and Steam Generating Equipment
December 4, 2018 @ 7:45 am - December 5, 2018 @ 4:00 pm
December 4-5, 2018 – Leander, Texas
The M&M Engineering workshop, previously titled “Preventing Failures in Steam Generating Equipment” is geared towards producers of steam, be it used in power or process applications. The two day workshop focuses on the issues most common in steam generating systems and is applicable to many industries including: power generation, refining, petro-chemical, pulp and paper, and industrial insurers.
The workshop will cover the following topics*:
- Equipment Associated with Steam Generation – A Primer
- Utility Feedwater Heaters and Damage Mechanisms
- Steam Touched Boiler Tube Failure Mechanisms
- Water Touched Boiler Tube Failure Mechanisms
- Introduction to Failure Analysis
- Introduction to Nondestructive Testing & Inspection Contracting
- Damage Mechanisms in Deaerators
- High Energy Piping: Damage Mechanisms and Corrections
- Failure Investigation Principles for Combustion Turbines
- Basic Steam Turbine Failures
- Condenser and Cooling Water Failures
- Water and Steam Chemistry-Influenced Failures in the Steam Cycle
- Discussion and Wrap Up
Registration includes continental breakfast and catered lunches both days. Please confirm your attendance no later than October 31, 2018.
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with additional details including travel maps, local hotel information, and class schedule.